Please join us for our first webinar of the FY2020 training series titled “The Evolution of Sports Betting in the US” on September 18, 2019 at 12:00PM (CST). Here is a brief summary and the learning objectives for the session:
On May 14th, 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court granted the right of any U.S. state to legally offer sports gambling within their respective jurisdictions. This decision has many significant implications for both the sports and gambling industries in the U.S. It also opens the door for additional challenges to the problem gambling community in America, including Illinois. This webinar will review the history and development of sports betting in the United States. It will then provide a perspective on how this Supreme Court decision might affect gambling, problem gamblers and the sporting industries nationwide.
- Understand the origins and history of sports betting
- Know the four states exempt from PAPSA prior to May 2018
- Understand the characteristics of an action/sports gambler
- Know the four structural characteristics of in-game/online wagering that can be harmful for a problem gambler
- Learn how in-game betting and wagering can potentially change the professional sports industry
Registration & Participation Instructions
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Sep 18, 2019 11:45 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Topic: The Evolution of Sports Betting in the US
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The webinar will begin promptly at 12:00PM (CST) and last approximately one hour. Please note the following requirements for webinar CEU:
- Register/participate with individual laptop or pad
- Attendance for entire presentation
- Participation on 3 polling questions
If you have any questions regarding registration or attending any of the two training events, please contact Robby Fuqua at [email protected], or call at 1-773-984-4818. Also, remember that you can visit https://weknowthefeeling.org for more details. We look forward to hearing from you during the FY2020 training season!!